Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Don't Mess with Texas!

The Fort Worth Stockyards!
Well we found a place that I really enjoyed, I loved the Stockyards and just hanging out in that environment. The first time we went to the Stockyards was for dinner we ate at this quaint little restaurant called Riscky's Steakhouse, the food was wonderful. That night I got to set on a long horn steer, I wasn't even nervous about climbing on the old guy, his name was "Lone Star" real original I know. I figured when am I going to get the opportunity to do this again so I climbed on up with the help of the cowboy, I forgot to get his name oops.But, unfortunately we didn't get to stay long.




But, we were going to return the next day and that is when I really started to love the stock yards. We did a little shopping and wandering through the yards. A couple of Kristy's friends from Texas Sarah and Curt joined us on our excursion it was fun to get to know them. We got to watch the Long Horn Steers go for there daily walk "Cattle Drive" I wasn't as impressed with this like I thought I would be. There just wasn't as many steers as I thought there would be and I guess I was expecting more. I guess if you are a little kid from the city it would be really cool for you to see.



Me and Susan got Henna Tattoos, don't worry they fade in a couple of weeks. But it was fun to be a little wild. Okay so I think all my days are blurring together because I don't remember which night it was but one night Kristy, Sarah Curt and Myself went to the hotel bar and sang Karaoke they three of them choose our song "God Bless Texas" that was a great song to sing and everyone in the bar enjoyed singing along.






And that night we ate at a Riscky's BBQ another restaurant owned by the same family as our first night eating at the stockyards. I was equally Delicious. Then we did a little more shopping and called it a day. I definantely want to go back to Fort Worth there are many more things that I would like to do and see there. The Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame is one stop that I don't want to miss next time and I didn't get to eat at Billy Bob's. So I guess next year Kristy will have to go back so we can tag along another time.





GOD BLESS TEXAS!

No comments: